Sunday, September 1, 2013

Celebrate and Be Inspired!!

I have a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT....I have been selected to be a Design Team Member for the next 6 months at Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge blog!!  WOOT!  The news came at the end of a crummy day and boy this made all the crumminess go away!  I am so excited to be creating alongside some pretty FABULOUS Stampers!!  So....that being said....you MUST join me this month at SCIC and be inspired!!

Here are the inspiration photos:


My FIRST project is a card.  I drew out the antique frame, the green wrought iron swirl 
and the roses and came up with this:


This is a close up of the roses.  Do you see the glittery centers of the roses?  I added some Dazzling Diamonds to make them pop.  Kinda looks like a little bit of dew?!  And yes, I know the swirl dies are retired, but I couldn't help myself.  LOL


But since there was so much to be inspired by this month I couldn't stop there.  I came up with this scrapbook page from the cake design.  See...it is okay to add a tiny bow to a boy page.  This is my son when he was just about 4 months old.  SO cute, right?! 

I first punched out 1-3/8" circles from Tangerine Tango cardstock then I punched the 1-3/4" circle around it to make it centered.  For the circles next to the photo, I used the negative space and then glued the 1-3/8" circle inside it.  Kind of a cool effect.  I embossed the word and arrow stamp with silver embossing powder and added the vanilla seam binding bow and there you have it.  Simple, clean but inspired!!

Card Ingredients:
Colors: Pool Party, Whisper White, Smoky Slate and Gumball Green
Stamps: Six Sided Sampler
Accessories: Tulip Border Embossing Folder, 1 3/4" and 1 3/8" Circle punches, 
Dazzling Details, Swirls Sizzlit, Stampin' Sponges

8x8" Page:
Colors: Calypso Coral and Very Vanilla
Stamps: Hello, Lovely
Accessories: Vanilla Seam Binding, Silver Embossing Powder, Silver Marker, 
1 3/4" and 1 3/8" Circle punches



Again, thank you to the DT for including me in this creative journey at Stampin' Celebration Inspiration Challenge Blog....it's gonna be awesome.

Here are your next stops on this BLOG HOP (My very first "HOP"):

Erica Cerwin - Pink Buckaroo Designs
Erin Gonzales -Hand Stamped Style
Cori Kozak - Creative Chat
Allison Ohran - Sweet Impressions
Lauri Ingram - Paperville Crafts
Krista Jensen - Krista's Stamper Room
Anita Krul - My Paper Chronicles
 
Happy Stamping,
Krista

6 comments:

Cori Kozak said...

Your projects are so sweet Krista! I just love your style! :)

Lauri said...

Hi Krista! Beautiful card and I love your flowers!!

Unknown said...

Krista... still love those rolled roses! And, yes, a bow on a boy page works perfectly! We should switch pictures sometime for kicks... I've never scrapped a boy page in my life! And you have no girls!

I am not sure I'd know where to start!

Anita

brrenwick said...

Congrats to you on becoming part of the DT!!! Your card is beautiful and I love the scrapbook page...too cute!

Unknown said...

These are so pretty! I especially love those rolled roses and that cute little baby. :-) I'm so excited that you are part of our DT!

Nina Dee said...

LOVE those flowers and the way you framed them! Beautiful! And what a cutie you have there! :)