Monday, August 27, 2012

Pom Reader....

When I blog, I like to do a spin on words for my titles....can you tell?  I think it's funny!  Hee hee!  Anyways, this week we are doing a Pom Pom challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Think decor, think cheerleading, think fluffy!  :)

Every week this blog continues to challenge me....get out of your comfort zone Krista!!  I had to look up pom pom on Pinterest.  I know, cheating....nah....I just don't do this fluffy stuff often since I have 3 sons!
I made a little flower with the Twitterpated fabric and couldn't decide what to do with it.  Here is the flower....I also put a clear button in the middle.  


I added it to a strip of Pink Pirouette cardstock and folded that in half to make a bookmark.  I embossed it, too.


I wanted it to stay nicely in the book so I added magnets to the bottom of the marker so they would clamp together and really save the page.  Make sense?


Here it is marking a page and looking so "fluffy" and "pom pom-y" on the front of my old Twins book. 


Happy Stamping!!  I'm "cheering" for you!!
Krista


6 comments:

inkypinkies said...

That is such a great idea, and I love the pink and silver! Your pom pom flower makes a great topper for a book, peeking out over the edge. I'd definitely like to make a bunch of these, what great gifts...even a hostess gift with a catalog :) And very feminine for a momma of boys! (I'm the only girl here too, my craft room is the only girly place in my world) Love it! Erika

Erin Gonzales said...

SO diggin' your book mark! If only I read... what would I put it in? Would it work in my hair?? I should try!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea! Now I know what to give my book club this Christmas. I have about 4 boxes of Christmas fabric I received from convention that's calling my name. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

This is AWESOME! I'm totally going to have to CASE this:) What a great gift idea:) As an English geek, I totally love the play on words in your blog posts:)

Margaret said...

Very pretty! I love the fabric flower and the bookmark makes such a great gift idea!

inkedx2 said...

Cute idea! Love the use of fabric for the pom pom.