Monday, December 19, 2011

HSS Challenge #98

It's been way too long since I've blogged.  I've been busy with Christmas stuff, including to fun boutiques.

Anyways, this weeks challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments is Unique Folds.



As you probably already know, I'm not a big think outside the box person....I sometimes get stuck in a rut.  This challenge blog has been SO good for me and I think my customers like me learning new things, too.  I pass all my new found ideas on to them.

Here is what I came up with this week.  It's called a "Spring Card".  The center square actually pops up naturally.  I saw a tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers.  It's super easy!!!  Plus, I also got a chance to use some of our newest products coming out this January.  It's a new line of products called "Twitterpated".  Hmmmm....now that I think about it, does that have any reference to Twitter?  Probably not.....


Here is a photo of another view of the flowers.  I embossed them with black embossing powder, then painted them in with a blender pen and Riding Hood Red ink.


Did you see it??  The new Pleated Satin Ribbon?  No, I didn't sew it, you can actually order a spool of the ribbon already pleated just like that.  Perfect and so sweet!  This is in Blushing Bride color.

Okay, time to get off the computer and get back to the kids that are off track for SEVEN weeks....YES SEVEN WEEKS of fun!!!  We are on year around school...that means that we have SO many kids and not enough classrooms so we rotate rooms and schedules.  We don't have a summer off like traditional schools.  I actually really really like it.  The kids get bored, then it's time to go back and they haven't forgotten anything.  Nice, huh?!

Ingredients:
Colors- Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride, Basic Gray, Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White
Stamps- Bordering on Romance, Friendly Phrases
Accessories- Twitterpated DSP, Embossing tool and powder, Twitterpated mini buttons, Pleated Satin Ribbon, 2 1/2" Circle punch, Large Scallop Circle punch, Simply Scored Tool

Happy Stamping,
Krista

5 comments:

LeroyLime said...

love your pop up fold Krista and that ribbon is so going on my wish list today!! :) Merry Christmas!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Great coloring! And that spring card is neat, never seen that one either! I love that ribbon too and can't stop putting it on stuff! Hope you and your family have a merry Christmas!

Margaret said...

Very pretty and love the use of the new products! The image popping up off the card is a great fancy fold too!
Wish we had 7 weeks off, but I really like our summers off too!

Erin Gonzales said...

SERIOUSLY fancy card sista!! I am so impressed!!!

inkedx2 said...

What a creative fold! Love it.