Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Think Pink

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and it sure hits home.  I know several survivors including my Aunt Renee.  I have also lost loved ones to this terrible disease.  Many of the women in my family have been diagnosed with the Breast Cancer Gene, too.  It's bittersweet knowing that someone you love has greater than an 80% chance at getting Breast or Ovarian Cancer.  I am so thankful for the technology that is out there to diagnose and hopefully all of the research will result in a cure someday.

Join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week as we "Think Pink".


Aunt Renee, you are my hero, a true survivor, this card is for you!!!  It's sweet, simple and seeing how hard you fought and won, it gives us all hope!!!


Ingredients:
Colors:  Whisper White, Regal Rose
Accessories:  Non-SU Ribbon Punch, Billboard letters die cut, Stripes Embossing Folder,  Shimmer Paint in Frost White, Bakers Twine, Basic Pearls

Happy Stamping,
Krista

10 comments:

inkedx2 said...

Very clever. Love the ribbon hanging from the thread.

Anonymous said...

Krista, Your Aunt Renee is a hero! Thanks for sharing her story of hope. I'm sure she'll love your very simple but stunning card.

Shannon said...

We are so lucky to have the technology to know we are at risk of these diseases. I lOVE the hanging ribbon. Talk about making a statement. Simple and beautiful!

Em said...

Very beautiful CAS card! Love the background a lot!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

So simple and so inspiring! Great job!

Margaret said...

Beautiful CAS card with a wonderful message!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Just beautiful and perfect!

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

Probably the classiest card I've seen! I love the simplicity of this:) Your work always makes me smile... and I agree, you aunt is a hero!

Just a Thought... said...

Thank you for sharing your story!! A very thoughtful card for a very special person. I love the use of the shimmering paint with the embossing folder!! Very nice!! GREAT JOB!! Amy :C)

LeroyLime said...

Krista,

this card is so sweet, clean and just breath taking! Beautiful card for a wonderful lady in your life!! :)