Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shaving Cream Experiment

I felt like I was in 3rd grade again....getting out 2 ingredients and performing an experiment.  Boy was it fun!!  It's called the "Shaving Cream" technique and that is the challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.



I wanted to go with a monochromatic look since it was my first time using this technique.  I decided that this shaving cream background would make a great Christmas card with my new stamp set called "The Sounding Joy".  I really like the touches of silver and white.

Go raid your husbands stash and get messy!!  :)

Here is how you create this look:
1.  Pile up shaving cream on a large paper plate.
2.  Randomly drip your ink from your re-inker on the shaving cream.  Use a few different colors for a really cool touch.
3.  Swirl the color around and smooth it out a little.
4.  Lay your cardstock (I used white) onto the shaving cream/ink mixture
.....Here's the messy part....
5.  Using a paper towel, wipe off (in a swirling motion) the excess shaving cream from the cardstock.
6.  Set aside to dry.
7.  Stamp on it, embellish it, cut it out....have fun!!!

Looks pretty good, huh?  I really like it....and it smells so yummy.  Probably my nicest smelling card to date.  :)

Now get on over to Hand Stamped Sentiments and check it out and join in on the fun!!  There are so many great ideas....don't miss out!!!


Ingredients:
Colors:  Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Whisper White and Silver
Stamps:  The Sounding Joy
Punches:  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Scallop Trim, 2 1/2" Circle
Accessories:  Scallop Circle #2 and Northern Frost Dies, Big Shot, Bakers twine, Silver embossing powder, Versamark, Paper Piercer, Re-Inkers, Shaving Cream

Happy Stamping,
Krista




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card! Perfect background for your new stamps. I'll have to try the monochromatic colors with this technique.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous effect! I haven't done this in ages...need to try it again!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I LOVE your card and I love how that background came out so nice and soft! Very peaceful! And I do love my WWC but I don't use them as much as I should!!!! I'll have to sniff the shaving cream next time I'm in Target. I'm realllly picky about smells so I'm skeptical, lol!!!! Thanks for the tip!!!!

inkedx2 said...

Great card! I love this technique too.

Just a Thought... said...

What a pretty Christmas Card!!! I love the colors!! This is a really fun technique. You don't realize it until you get started, but then watch out!! GREAT JOB!!! Amy

Shannon said...

You did an amazing job with this technique. I seriously thought it was DSP. Gorgeous card Krista!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

Beautiful! The technique looks so great!

Erin Gonzales said...

I never would have thought you could use that technique on a christmas card, but your card is SO beautiful!!! It is so elegant and perfect for the holidays. Wonderful JOB!!!